Rockstar Games has announced LA Noire: Remixed and LA Noire The Official Soundtrack. LA Noire Remixed is a modern take of the music found in the game. The EP features six jazz standards remixed by today’s acclaimed DJs, producers, and mixers including Dave Sitek, DJ Premier and Truth & Soul.
The LA Noire Official Soundtrack, inspired by the orchestral scores of the 1940s, was recorded at the world’s famous Abbey Road Studios and is composed by Andrew Hale. Hale’s notable video game compositions include Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and The Getaway. The soundtrack also includes the work of Stephen Coates with guest vocals from Claudia Brucken and additional music from Woody Brooklyn, best known for his work in collaboration with Bill Elm on the original score for Red Dead Redemption.
LA Noire’s music will be a integral part of the game, helping players clue in on additional evidence or when a crime scene has been completed scoured for hints. In addition, LA Noire has over 32 different jazz tracks from the era including Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Thelonious Monk.
Both LA Noire: Remixed and LA Noire The Official Soundtrack will be available for purchase through iTunes on May 17th.
L.A. Noire: Remixed Tracklist
1. Elle Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan – “Stone Cold Dead in the Market” (Ticklah remix)
2. Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra – “Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop” (Midnight Sun remix)
3. Dinah Washington – “A Slick Chick (On the Mellow Side)” (Maximum Balloon remix)
4. Louis Jordan – “Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens” (DJ Premier remix)
5. Gene Krupa – “Sing Sing Sing” (Truth & Soul Remix)
6. Billie Holiday – “That Ol’ Devil Called Love” (Moodymann remix)